This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more.
Why I love the Big & Little Coloring Devotional
First off, let me say I’m not a color-er. The idea of sitting while doing nothing but coloring it just insanity to me. Almost like an adult time out. Give me legos, mega blocks or even vintage polly pockets and im busy for hours, but coloring.. yuck!
That’s what I thought, before I got this book!
My niece is the cutest and She LOVES TO COLOR! Seriously, like a lot, like all the time! So the idea behind getting the Big & Little Coloring Devotional was more about learning Bible Verses with her not really the coloring.
However, once I started coloring with her I couldn’t stop. She was hilarious, she talked about all sorts of stuff, she giggled, we laughed. It was an actual fun experience. I was floored! I didn’t mind the coloring at all. It was just the same as playing our normal games but so much calmer. Nicer, we were closer.
The importance of one on one time
You don’t have to be a mom to know that one on one time with a child is important. My daycare kids aren’t actually mine. My niece isn’t actually mine. But in all of those BONUS kids I have invested one on one time with each of them.
I learn more about them, and they learn about me.
We talk about silly things, or talk about the hard things like when another kids says those dreaded hurtful words of “you’re not my best friend anymore.” Life is hard, growing up is hard, being a kid as easy as it looks is hard.
The one on one time you invest in a child is priceless. You can buy all the toys in the world and it would never add up to your invested time in a child.
Show a child you care, show a kid your interesting in what they have to say, make them feel special, listened to and LOVED.
My Challenge to you is to just spend 10 minutes a day a few times a week with a child. See what difference it makes in their faces, in your attitude, in their life. Little selfless things are what change us the most as adults.
So what’s so great about this book?
- The Big & Little Coloring Devotional is for adults and children. One side of the book is an easy color sheet and verse, the flip side is a harder color sheet and harder verse. Both sides are about the same topic and similar verses.
- While coloring in the devotional, you have no choice that to look at one another. The book itself is set up to be colored on while sitting across from one another instead of a traditional side by side coloring book.
- Your teaching your child the importance of learning Bible verses and being in The Word daily.
- Priceless one on one time.
- Sharing. While coloring She colored on my side and I colored on hers. She actually enjoyed sharing a page with me instead of screaming her go to sentence, “That’s mine not yours.”
- Getting to know my niece a little better.
Put down your phone and get to know your child!
Here are a few pages in this book.
Take my challenge. Spend some time with a kid today. Start with just 10 minutes a few times a week and let me know what a difference it makes.