Scare up some Halloween fun with this Spooky Ghost Fuse Bead Template. Your kids will love this fun fall ghost craft. If you’re looking for more easy Halloween perler bead patterns check out this Haunted House that is sure to keep your kids busy all afternoon. Create your own design and make some great memories with your kids. You can make candy corn. a black cat if you have a bunch of black beads, or a pumpkin if you have lots of orange beads. Today we will be using lots of white perler beads.
Whether you call them melty beads, Hama beads, fuse beads, or perler beads they are all the same thing and we need some fun ideas for our kids to make something great out of them. After you make your own ghost you can make Frankenstein, a cute witch, or even a set of vampire bats on a small hexagon board.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission (at no cost to you). Thanks for the support! See our Disclosure page.
What You Need to Make Spooky Ghost Fuse Beads
- Spooky Ghost Fuse Bead Template (at the bottom of the page)
- Perler Beads
- Large Fuse Bead Peg Shape Board Set or
- Clear Fuse Bead Boards
- Parchment Paper
- Perler Bead Dispenser
How to Make a Spooky Ghost with Fuse Beads
Here are the quick instructions.
- Grab your Spooky Ghost Perler fuse bead template at the bottom of this post. Print the template to its actual size and lay it under a clear Perler pegboard or beside a solid-colored pegboard. Place a jelly roll pan or something flat under the perler board that can be moved if your child isn’t finished with it and you need to move it.
- Using a fuse bead pegboard that is at least 29×29 for 5mm beads. Working from top to bottom or side to side carefully place the beads one by one into the pegboard. Be sure to count across if you can’t see the template through the bottom. Work on aligning the pegs in place to duplicate the template.
- When you have your Ghost complete. It is time to iron. *Make sure to do this part for your children. Heat the iron to low-medium and lay the pegboard holding your Ghost craft on the ironing board. Place a square of parchment paper on top and gently press the hot iron on top of the Ghost and press and hold for 10-20 seconds. when the Halloween perler beads are melted together and cooled. Remove from the pegboard. Set the Spooky Ghost on top of the ironing board and do the same thing on the opposite side using the parchment paper again. Be sure to keep the iron set way back so the little kids don’t get a hold of it and turn it off as soon as you’re finished.
Perler Bead Large Ghost Pattern
When it comes to easy patterns this one is definitely the top of the list. Its large ghost form is mainly one color with some accents along the sides. If you want to make it a little simpler just leave the hat off or remove the pumpkin. For this friendly ghost, you will need either glow-in-the-dark or white beads. No matter what ghost perler beads you choose this ghost will be adorable. Be sure to give your ghost a smile so your friends or family can decorate with an upbeat ghost look. If they are more into scary give your ghost a shocked or angry face.
Perler Beads Craft Bead Sweeper for Easy Clean UpPerler Beads Bead Tweezer Tools, 2 pc 4.25 InchPerler Beads Pen Bead Dispenser Kid’s Crafts, 1 pc, Lime GreenPerler 17000 Assorted Bulk Fuse Beads Set with Storage Jar for Arts and Crafts, Multicolor, 22000 pcs9pcs 5mm Large Square Fuse Beads Pegboards Plastic Beads Boards with Ironing Paper, Beads Tweezers for Kids Craft BeadsPerler Pet Parade Deluxe Fuse Bead Craft Activity Kit, 5020 pcs
The cute ghost pattern is super versatile and can be added to or taken away from. The dark beads are for the hat but you can choose different colors like any other Halloween perler bead projects you make. Creativity is a top priority when it comes to all things crafty for kids of all ages. Using a little bit of grey around the edges of the ghost really makes this Perler craft look complete.
Let your little ones help with this fuse bead craft as much as they can because it helps with their fine motor skills. If they have too much trouble look at getting a Perler Bead Dispenser or a pair of fuse bead tweezers. If your child isn’t old enough to follow perler patterns just give them small boards and some colorful beads and let them practice.
I like to have different shapes of plastic pegboards for the little kids to work on. You can find them in all shapes and sizes. Your kids can make different shapes, zigzags, or even their own version of an easy Halloween craft while their siblings make their ghosts. Make sure they have enough beads but not too many that you spend the remaining afternoon picking the melty beads up.
Printable patterns like this Ghost or this Haunted House Fuse Bead Template are just some of the great Halloween perler bead designs out there. If you search “free Halloween Perler bead patterns” you will find lots but the best place I have come across is Kandi Patterns. You should be able to find lots of cute ghost patterns if this one doesn’t work for you.
Lots of Perler bead supplies can be found at your local craft store like Micheal’s, and stores like Target or Walmart just carry the bare minimum. Halloween crafts usually use colors like orange, black, white, purple, and green so be sure to have those colors on hand throughout the fall season. A jack o lantern melty bead pattern or just a pumpkin would be a great craft for filling in a rainy afternoon with fun.
The Berenstain Bears and the Ghost of the Forest: A Halloween Book for Kids and ToddlersThe Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk: A Halloween Book for KidsGrandpa’s Ghost Stories (Feral Kids)Ten Timid Ghosts (Read With Me Paperbacks)Ghostbusters: Who You Gonna Call (Ghostbusters 2016) (Little Golden Book)Gus the Gassy Ghost: A Funny Rhyming Halloween Story Picture Book for Kids and Adults About a Farting Ghost, Early Reader (Farting Adventures)
Homemade Halloween Gift
Use this Spooky Ghost as the perfect Halloween gift. You can attach a suction cup to the backside for a suncatcher or a magnet to decorate a fridge. No matter what you make this cute ghost fuse bead craft into I’m sure it will be great.
When it comes to homemade gifts, they always come from the heart and have such special meaning. The precious time you spent making this ghost shows you really care for the giftee. The easiest way that this adorable ghost can also just be leaned up against a mantle with some pumpkins as the perfect fall decorations.
Grab these printable Spooky Masks for an afternoon of fun.
Haunted House Bead Craft
Make this haunted house fuse bead craft with your kids.
Halloween Gift Basket
Here are lots of ideas to make the perfect gift basket.